I finally bought a Bluetooth keyboard stand for my iPad mini. It’s pretty cute, but my nails make it a little tricky to type my normal speed. It will take some getting used to, but now I don’t necessarily have to use my laptop if I want to blog or work. Yay, productivity tools.
Ryan and I went to the Sagamore Spirit opening party on Wednesday. Whiskey definitely needs to be mixed wth something but the drinks were good, the food was good and we had a couple friends there, so an overall good time.
Preakness was yesterday, so that madness is done. Still another week or so of graduation shenanigans to get through. We’ll be fine.
I wish the effing weather would turn already. I’m starting not to handle the gray and rain well. My car has a leak in one of the tires and it was kind of flat yesterday and it threw me into the darkest mood before I realized that it’s not that serious and I can either call the dealership or just go to Sears and get a new one if I have to. I hate dealing with car stuff but the lack of sun in my life is starting to give me anxiety. Blech.
Anyway, here’s some songs I’ve been on lately (Mom, you will probably not like any of these. Love you.)
- “Don’t Hurt Yourself” by Beyoncé- Lemonade is everything I hoped it would be. I DO NOT care whether or not Jay stepped out on the queen, because regardless of what actually happened, this whole project is a masterpiece. “Sorry” gets honorable mention but not a feature. because that song came on the Q four times yesterday an it’s going to be overplayed in about two minutes.
- “Misery” by Gwen Stefani- I guess she’s always been kind of hung up on a dude but this whole album goes to 11. However, the beat on this song and her pipes got it a place on my rotation.
- “Controlla” by Drake – Ok, yes, Views is pretty basic. I was hoping for, I dunno, something with a little more oomph. But he put out a bunch of good singles recently and “Work” was a good collab, so whatever. This song makes the list for multiple reasons but I think the highlight is “Jodeci ‘Cry for You'” (Which I am obviously now listening to and omg, I forgot how good/bad it is.)
- “Why Can’t I Touch It?” By The Buzzcocks- I remember being like 14 and hearing The Buzzcocks for the first time. Totally blew my mind, his whiney high tones. But the guitars are so rich and the instrumental jam at the end of this song is just yas.
- “Lost” by Frank Ocean- I know this is old AF but it showed up on a Spotify Discover Weekly playlist a couple weeks ago and it’s been sticking with me. “Got on my buttercream silk shirt / and it’s Versace…” I love the sort of self-chastising swag in this song. Your materialism gets you nowhere, etc.
- “Had Ten Dollars” by Cherry Glazer- early 2010s girl grunge. No idea what happened with her, since this song is the most recent thing Spotfy had and it’s from 2014 but it crushes.
- “Something Stupid” by DeVotchKa- I think theirs is my favorite cover of this classic. Pretty, a little sarcastic, timeless situational sentiment.
- “So It Goes” by Nick Lowe- So many artists bands have bit this steez. I hear it in so much modern music. His voice is classic, though.
Alright, that’ll do it for now. You can hear all these on my “discovered” playlist on Spotify.