The weather keeps trying to be spring and failing. It’s a bit draining, really. Yesterday was gorgeous but with work, I was inside all day. Still, getting to see sunshine through the big front window as heartening. Today is more rain but at least it’s not miserably cold.
The cat is being obnoxious and trying to lay half way on my lap, half way on the keyboard while I type this. Every single time I sit down, he wants to be on my lap. This can’t be comfortable. Cats.. am I right?
So I bought a car two weeks ago. It’s an Audi A3 1.8T. I’m calling her Ripley (quiet but powerful and sexy in a badass way). It’s the nicest, most expensive thing I’ve ever bought. As a result, I’ve virtually stopped shopping. Which is good, I think. I finally got my ColourPop order with the Matte X Lippies in it and that’ll hold me over for for a while. Although I’ve been jonesing for the Becca Luminous Afterglow Palatte and the ABH Contour Kit and this Ted Baker London bag. I’ll wait. My birthday’s not that far. And there’s other stuff going on besides shopping.
- Greg lost his younger brother. Greg and I have known each other since second semester of Freshman year. He’s been my best friend since Sophomore year. If I could pick a person to be my actual brother, it would be Greg. He lost his dad a couple years ago. And now this. I can’t even imagine. But Greggy, if you’re reading this, I love you so much, man, and we’re all here for you. Carlos group texted, so, you know, the support is real if you need us.
- Shred got shot. He’s going to be ok. He’s so tough and good. His tibia shattered, so they gave him a gnarly titanium bar. Six weeks to walking, five months to skate. Go show him some love if you can. He likes Otterbeins, cool gem stones, good vibes and sour gummy bears. I’m working on getting him a couple TechDecks.
- Pa’s been gone a year now. Mother’s Day and Gram’s birthday were still good. We got to be together as a family and love on her and each other. I’m proud of my family. I miss him, though. Especially his goofy laugh. “Hi, hon!” The Donald Duck voice.
- Donald. Effing. Trump. Just…
- Now something up: Chad is opening La Food Marketa. I’m so excited for this next big venture. He’s (because he’s insane) making me Director of Operations, to help him get everything up and running. I am so stoked for this. It’s going to mean a lot of running around, buying things, talking to people… all things I love. And working with Chad and his team has always been a good challenge for me. We’re shooting for late August/early September opening. Stay tuned.
- Make up- ColourPop and beyond, swatches of the new stuff, my favorites.
- Marketa – when I can get out there and take pictures and talk more about the style of cuisine and some cool things we’re doing.
- What’s in my bag- I’ll probably do this one next, TBH.
- Snippet of the novella I’ve been working on.
- Music- my recent finds highlights playlist.