I realize it’s been quite some time since I posted to this. Apologies. I lacked a lap top for a bit, and then I was working on the novels, and then I was just lazy about it.
But Brookie requested I post something, even if it was nothing, so here’s this.
Main things going on:
- This election business. What is going on with the Republican party? I know several Republicans who I respect, who I regard as intelligent, discerning, considerate people. I know that there has to be more than those few. Why are those people not having a complete fit about the circus that is their party’s candidate offering? Seriously. Ben Carson tried to use a Jews in Nazi Germany allusion to simulate pathos for his anti-gun control platform. Are you mental? And, you know… Donald Trump. I guess that’s all one can really say about that. He’s doing well, man. Y’all should be a little more afraid.
- And that’s not to say that the Democrats are a really putting their best feet forward either but sweet Jesus, none of them have proposed building a huge friggin’ wall or hinted you should vote for them because they’re really rich….
- Scream Queens. It’s actually really good. I mean, deeply appalling and radically un-PC, but generally well written and amazingly cast and clever. Satire at its best. And this from the guy who wrote Glee. So… I haven’t seen this past episode and I’ve heard it’s unraveling a bit. But if you’re into wicked humor and dresses that look like someone skinned Big Bird, it’s probably for you.
- The Star Wars trailer is out and OMG it looks so good. Boyfriend is losing his mind.
- THE WALKING DEAD. This season? Are you kidding me? If Carol were any more bad ass she’d be Ripley. I can’t tell you how excited I am. The Wolves are going to be so annoying and I can’t deal with Morgan being such a bleeding heart but still. Proud of everyone involved. Alexandria is going to get over run by zombies and all the puling shut-ins are going to get eaten and it’s going to be magical. But I still swear that if Glen or Daryl dies, I will stop watching. I’ll just give up.
- Allergies. I’ve never had them badly before in my life at all and now? Full force. Knocking me down every three days to a sloppy, snotty, headachy mess incapable of breathing from the natural breathing places or getting a full night’s sleep. It’s great. Good thing Zyrtec and Claritin are so cheap. Oh, wait…
- The Drake memes for “Hotline Bling”. Just do yourself a favor and look up the hashtag on Instagram. Thank me later. (lol)
- Inseams. Here’s my last rant and then I have to get to workin’ (which is what I spend most of my time doing, honestly, and I’m not complaining. I love my job.). What is going on with designers and pants? Why is it that if you’re tall like I am (5’9″, so it’s not outrageous or anything, but I do have long legs), you can’t have warm ankles any more? 29″ inseam comes to like an inch above ankle! I need at least a 32″ inseam. I’ll settle for 31″ and wear boots if I have to but 28″, 29″? No way. No way. I’ve seriously been to three different stores, looked EVERYWHERE online, and unless you’re buying guys pants or mom jeans, there are no 27 or 28 x 32″ to be had. It’s making me nuts. If anyone has an inside tip on this, please, PLEASE, HABU.
- Not reading anything spectacular. Kind of searching around for the next thing. Dad gave me The Painted Veil by Maugham, and I’m finishing Don’t Point That Thing at Me by Kyril Borfiglioli, so that’ll hold me for a while but if you’re reading something stellar, let me know.